Quick article to show how to install Oracle 12c RDBMS software in silent mode.
Before starting, you need :
- Oracle Linux 7 installed
(Check how to Install Oracle Linux 7 on VirtualBox)
- Oracle Linux configured for Oracle
(Check how to Configure Oracle Linux for Oracle Database 12c)
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure installed
(Optional but recommended, check how to Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure)
- Oracle 12c rdbms installation files downloaded (Available on OTN)
- at least 8GB free disk space
Install Oracle 12c
Uncompress installation files
Manual silent install
/u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/db1/root.sh as root as asked.
Oracle 12c is now installed.
Disable database options
If you don't have some additional licenses and you want to make sure you don't use it, You can disable/enable database option as follow :
To set SQLPLUS prompt, add to
- Create database instance (check how to do a Silent database 12c creation with dbca)
Enjoyed this article? Please like it or share it.